Tuff Psychic (playable NPC)
REAL NAME: Dr. Ricardo Ramirez Rivas or “Doc Rick”
SECRET/PUBLIC I.D.: Secret
POWER CATEGORY: Mutant
Current XP: 1,099
HEIGHT: 6 ft.
WEIGHT: 220 lbs.
Legal Status: U.S. Citizen
Birth Order/Family Ties: 2nd born
Land of Origin: U.S.
Childhood Environment: Big City – Chicago
Social/Economic Background: Upper Middle Class – Educated
DESCRIPTION: A slender well built handsome Latino man with short black hair, olive skin and dark eyes.
DISPOSITION: Nice guy, friendly, courteous and hospitable.
IQ: 19 5 perception
ME: 24 7 insanity
MA: 22 70% Trust/Intimidate
PS: 15 [25: +10 HtH damage]
PP: 22 +4 parry/strike/dodge
PE: 35 +8 Magic/poison
PB: 26 80% Charm/Impress
SPD: 22 15 MPH
Saving Throw Bonuses:
Coma/Death: ): ): ): ): ): +7
Mind Control: +5
Horror Factor (varies): +4
+2 to save vs despair based attacks.
+1 to saving throws vs. poisons and toxins.
EDUCATION: Ph.D (College):
Special Skill Bonuses:
I.Q.: +5% all skills
Historian Skill Program
Language Skill Program
Loremaster Skill Program
Military Program (Basic)
History, General: 45% + 5%
History, Ancient Civilizations: 30% +5%
History, Greco-Roman: 40% +5%
History, Native American (Pre-Columbian): 20% +5%
History, Medieval: 40% +5%
Language (Italian): 50% +5%
Language (Classical Greek): 50% +5%
Language (Japanese): 50% +5%
Language (Latin): 50% +5%
Language (Spanish): 50% +5%
Lore – Astral: 26% + 4%
Lore – Demons and Monsters: 25% +5%
Lore – Magic:
•General knowledge: 25% +5%
•Recognize wards, runes and circles: 15% +5%
•Recognize Enchantment: 10% +5%
Lore – Psychics & Psionics: 25% +5%
Lore – Religion: 25% +5%
Climbing: 40% +5%
•Rappelling: 30% +5%
Military Etiquette: 35% +5%
Detect Ambush: 30% +5%
Detect Concealment: 25% +5%
Prowl: 25% +5%
Computer Operation: 40% +5%
Diplomacy: 30% + 5%
Language (Arabic): 50% +5%
Language (Chinese): 50% +5%
Language (Portuguese): 50% +5%
Lore – Read Aura: 20% +2%
Research: 50% +5%
Teaching: 30% +5%
Writing: 25% +5%
Hand to Hand: Martial Arts (3)
Body Building & Weight Lifting
Hand to Hand Type: Martial Arts
Attacks per Melee: 4
Roll w/ Punch: +9
Pull Punch: +7
Critical Strike: 20/x2
Other: Maintain Balance: +3
HTH Damage: As per normal.
TK punch: 3D6 damage plus P.S. bonus.
TK kick: 4D6 damage plus P.S. bonus.
Demon Punch: 6D6 plus double the character’s usual P.S. damage bonus (Only works vs. Supernatural Evil, Ancient Evil and Alien Intelligences and their avatars).
Psi-sword: +5 to strike & parry, 8D6 or 1D4x10 +8 damage
W.P. Sword: +1 to strike & parry
Additional +1 to strike & parry at levels; 3, 7, 11, and 14.
Natural A.R. of 11
• Any roll to strike by an opponent that falls under or equal to the A.R. does no damage.
Strength Category: Normal
Carrying Capacity: 150 lbs.
Lifting Capacity: 300 lbs.
Normal Movement Speed:
110 yards per melee round (Spd x 5):
15 mph (HU2 p. 16):
Other Movement Speed: none
AVAILABLE MONEY: 1 million cash
Black trench coat
• The Cause of the Mutation: Genetic aberration. Mutant gene structure (a million in one chance of Fate) is responsible for the mutation and powers.
• Unusual Physical Characteristics: Odd Face: Angelic, beautiful face (+10 to P.B.).
• Number of Super Abilities: One Major Super Ability and three Minor abilities.
POWERS & ABILITIES:
A near bulletproof dense skin.
• +1 point to A.R. at levels 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 and 12.
• additional S.D.C., +10 per level.
Superhuman toughness and resistance to damage.
Extraordinary Physical Endurance
An extremely tough individual who can withstand a great amount of physical strain or punishment.
• Fatigues at one tenth the normal rate.
• additional Hit Points, +1D4 per level.
(Heroes of the Megaverse p60)
The hero possesses 10 powers from the Sensitive category
and 8 psi-powers from the Physical category, plus 6 Super-Psionic powers of choice.
• Base I.S.P.: M.E. attribute number x9.
• I.S.P. increase at a rate of 1D6+1 I.S.P. per each level of experience, starting with level one.
• Considered a Latent Psychic (a.k.a. Major Psychic).
• Save vs Psionic Attack: The Latent (or Major psychic) needs only a 12 or higher to save.
• Note: the character does not gain new psionic abilities like the normal Latent Psychic.
Bio-Regeneration (Super) – HU2
Mind Block Auto-defense – HU2
Psi-Sword – HU2
Psychic Omni-Sight – RGMguide
Telekinesis (Super) – HU2
Telekinetic Force – R25
Clairvoyance – HU2
Enhanced Perception – R25
Mind’s Eye – R25
Object Read – HU2
Psionic Seeking – R25
Remote Viewing – RGMguide
See Aura – HU2
See the Invisible – HU2
Sixth Sense – HU2
Telepathy – HU2
Demon Punch – BTS2e
Enhanced Reflexes – R25
Float – HU2
Resist Damage – R25
Strength of Mind – R25
Telekinetic Leap – HU2
Telekinetic Punch – HU2
Telekinetic Push – HU2
[Remember: M.A. Stat gives bonuses for Psionic attack and defense (not saves) (divide trust/intimidate bonus by 20, rounding up = +4 bonus.)]
The Influence of Ley Line Energy
• Range and duration are increased by 50%, when near a ley line (within two miles) and doubled when within one mile of a nexus point
• Damage from psionic energy attacks such as psi-sword, mind bolt, pyrokinesis, telekinetic force, and telekinesis is doubled when within a mile of a ley line nexus point (there’s no additional damage from being directly on a ley line or nexus).
Meditation is a skill/ability automatically known to all psychics. It is the only ability thai can be done at any time and costs no l.S.P. to perform. Meditation is not so much a psi-power as it is a mental discipline thai enables the psychic to concentrate deeply and focus one’s abilities and thoughts. The exact techniques for meditation may vary from focusing on a mental object or notion to chanting or humming a mantra. The result, regardless of technique is a deep relaxation and focus to achieve insight and harmony into one’s self and the world around him.
Duration: As needed; at least one hour of meditation is required.
I.S.P.: None, zero.
• Recovers I.S.P. at a rate of six (6) points per hour of meditation and is the equivalent of two hours of sleep/rest for the physical body.
I.S.P. can also be restored during sleep and/or total relaxation at a rate of two (2) per hour.
Psyscape Psionics Mastery
Have learned from the Psyscape Masters to open their spiritual Third Eye and as a result, are more keenly aware
of the world around them, especially the needs, emotions and conditions of those around them. These Psychics have mastered their abilities to such a degree that they transcend the typical psychic and have become more advanced in both the culture and the use of their powers.
1. Radiate their nature.
All advanced Psyscape Psychics will radiate their nature and intentions to some degree, and with such magnitude that any psychic will feel it up to 100 feet away and nonpsychics within 12 feet. This radiation of their feelings and intentions is the equivalent of a weak empathic transmission.
Psyscape psychics can speak to kindred spirits (only) — people like them, with the same goals, alignment, general outlook on life or personality and feelings — by appearing
to them in a dream and talking.
This is actually a form of
telepathic communication and involves conversation, not visions, cryptic images, or a dreamscape — just the dreamer and his Psyscape pal talking, only the conversation takes place in a dream, and the dreamer can never be certain that it was real. The Psyscape psychic can talk about anything, just like real people, although the dreamvision power is typically used to give the dreamer advice, encouragement, something to think about, or a warning.
When the dreamer awakens, that particular dream will be unusually vivid and the character will remember most
(5D6%+70%) of what was said.
3. Transform into energy beings.
Can transform body and mind into pure psychic energy.
In this form they can place themselves into stasis and exist inside a ley line for decades (minimum one year, maximum one hundred).
This can be done for any number of reasons, but typically to meditate and resolve some problem or inner turmoil within themselves.
While inside the ley line, they can focus on their own thoughts but are not aware of the passage of time or most things happening in the real world.
They can be aroused and choose to awaken when a Rift
opens on that ley line, if the energy of ley line drops precipitously (40% or more), or when they sense a powerful supernatural evil or intense desperation, fear or need of people on or near the line.
They, as living beings, cannot be absorbed or used to
cast magic as part of the ley line.
The psychic can also turn into energy if he is flung into a dimension where the physical body cannot exist but energy can.
Both situations are very uncommon and require intense concentration and the expenditure of 270 I.S.P.
4. Sense Supernatural Evil and Magic Energy.
Fundamentally, like a bloodhound smelling a
familiar scent, the Psyscape psychic can detect the presence of supernatural evil and magic energy (P.P.E. used as a spell, in magic devices and large amounts in people; 80 or more points).
• The ability is constant and automatic, just like the ability to see and smell.
• The psychic can sense whenever a magic spell is used within the range of sensitivity. If the energy is being continually expended, like a series of magic attacks, or is of a duration/affect longer than one melee round (15 seconds), the character can trace it with relative ease to the source (i.e. the supernatural creature or the character using magic).
• Base Skill: 72% +2% per level of experience to identify the
specific type/race of paranormal creature, and includes alien intelligences, gods, demigods, demons, vampires, entities and creatures of magic, like dragons.
• This ability can also detect whether a person is possessed by supernatural beings.
• Base Skill at tracking by this “psychic scent”: 50% +5% per level of experience.
• 70% +3% per level of experience if the supernatural being is also using magic.
• Range: 100 feet per level of experience to sense the
presence of a supernatural being when it is not using any special, magical or psionic powers.
• 1000 feet +100 feet per additional level of experience when the supernatural force is actively using its supernatural powers or magic.
• Duration: Automatic and constant.
• I.S.P.: None, automatic.
Note: Close proximity to ley lines and nexus points disrupts
the psychic senses, rendering them useless.
5. Extended Psionic Power.
The Psyscape Master have double the range and duration of all Sensitive powers.
Likewise, the Master character can have one Super-Psionic ability that is double its usual range, duration and power/damage/effect. [Psi-Sword].
Duration: 5 minutes per level.
Saving Throw: Not applicable.
A psi-sword is an incredible weapon composed of psionic energy that is mentally willed into existence. The sword appears out of thin air as a shimmering blade of energy that resembles a glowing sword.
Mentrix creates a huge claymore-like weapon.
The psionic can even change the shape and color of the sword to fit his current mood.
• The character can create the psi-sword in 1 melee attack/action.
• If the psychic is knocked unconscious, the weapon disappears. Likewise. the character can willingly dispel the weapon with a thought (costs another 30 I.S.P. to create a new one); it cannot be given to another character to use.
Psi-sword damage: 4D6 points +2D6 at levels four, seven, nine, twelve, and fifteen.
• The psi-sword does full damage against creatures of magic, demons, supernatural beings and creatures or armor that is impervious to normal weapons.
• The sword’s creator can adjust the weapon to inflict a minimum of 2D6 points of damage or increase it by increments of 1D6 up to the character’s current maximum.
Note: Psi-sword only uses M.A. (Not P.P.), HtH Style, and W.P. Sword for strike and parry bonuses.
Range: 100 feet per level
Duration: 2 minutes per level
I.S.P.: 10 to lift/move/hurl an object that weighs 100 pounds.
+10 I.S.P. per each additional 100 pounds.
Damage: 1D4x10 S.D.C. per 100 pounds of weight.
The power is basically the same as the ability described in the Physical Category of psionic powers, but greatly enhanced.
• Differences are increased range, dramatically increased weight and damage.
• The character can use telekinesis to manipulate as many as one object per level of experience, as long as the combined weight does not exceed the total weight capacity.
• Combat Bonuses are the same as the non-super telekinetic power.
• +3 to strike with Telekinesis; physical/skill bonuses to strike do not apply when Telekinesis is used.
• +4 to parry with Telekinesis, by using a controlled object to parry or sheer telekinetic force to block an attack. Counts as a medium heavy object; costs 8 I.S.P.
• Damage from Hurled Objects:
Very Small: 6 ounces – 1lb: 1D4.
Small: 1.5 to 2 Ibs: 1D6.
Medium Small: 2-4 Ibs: 2D4.
Medium: 5 to 10 Ibs: 3D4. Medium Large: 11 to 25 Ibs: 3D6.
Large: 26 to 40 Ibs: 4D6
Very Large: 41 to 80 lbs: 6D6
Range: 80 feet per level.
Duration: 1 minute per level.
I.S.P.: 10 per 50 lbs of force.
This telekinetic power is a variation and combination of the Physical psionic powers of Telekinesis and Telekinetic Push, creating focused TK Force on a specific object. Instead of simply lifting or moving an object with telekinesis or adding TK enhancement to a physical blow, this power applies a “hand” of telekinetic force directly to an object.
• This telekinetic force can be used to push open doors, knock things over, crush/smash things, or squeeze. The psychic can use this power to pin someone’s hand to a wall or the ground, hold a door closed, or even strangle someone, assuming their target is fully visible to the naked eye.
• Just like with other telekinetic powers, the psychic must have a clear view of the area where the TK Force is applied. For example, this power cannot be used to crush someone’s throat if their neck is hidden inside body armor, or slam a door in another room.
• The TK Force can be divided between multiple objects, as many as one object per level of experience of the psychic.
• Damage from a TK Force crushing attack is 1D4 S.D.C. per melee round for each 50 Ibs of TK Force applied.
• If this is a “strangling” crush attack, an additional 1D4 points of damage (direct to Hit Points) is done, per melee, per 50 lbs.
• Victims of a strangling attack will normally lose consciousness after their P.E. X4 in seconds of strangling time.
Note: This power can only be taken if the psychic has already
taken either the Physical or the Super psionic power of Telekinesis.
Saving Throw: None
Another bio-manipulation power that enables the psychic to direct his psionic energies to immediately self heal.
The character must concentrate for one full minute while his body instantly heals itself.
4D6 hit points and 4D6 S.D.C. points are simultaneously restored at the end of 60 seconds.
There is no scarring and the bio-regeneration process can be performed every minute. S.D.C. and hit points cannot be restored beyond the character’s normal range.
Mind Block Auto-Defense
The moment the psychic is being mind probed, a personal mind block automatically snaps into place.
• It also alerts the psychic to the fact that he or she is being probed or attacked by empathy or telepathy.
• The character must consciously and willingly lower the mind shield and open himself to the psi-probes in order to receive a telepathic or empathic message.
• Otherwise, the automatic defense mind block will stay in effect until the probe/attack is over.
The I.S.P. cost is different in that the character must permanently give up 14 I.S.P. when this power is selected.
• However, the mind block will automatically take place whenever under telepathic and empathic probes and other mind attacks, such as empathic transmission, at no additional I.S.P. cost; it engages automatically.
Note: A Mind Block will prevent penetration of Telepathy, Empathy, Hypnotic Suggestion, Day Dream and Empathic Transmission. It can be an invaluable protective mask when dealing with malevolent psychic forces.
Adds a bonus of +1 to save vs all psychic and mental attacks.
Range: 500 foot radius. Duration: 5 minutes per level. I.S.P.: 15
An advanced form of extrasensory perception that allows the psychic to have a sort of controlled out-of-body experience.
• The psychic must spend one minute (four melee rounds) in meditation and enter into a trance state.
• While entranced, his spirit or essence seems to rise 10-20 feet above his physical body (this is not visible to anybody but other psychic sensitives and those who can see the invisible, auras or spirits). From this vantage point, combined with heightened awareness, the psychic sees through his mind’s eye, without having to use his normal vision or senses.
• Psychic Omni-Sight is incredible, enabling the psychic to see in all directions at once, to see radiation, thermal patterns, the invisible, and to literally see any movement, even of the wind.
• This power enables the psychic to guard or survey a campsite for signs of wayward group members or approaching dangers (maximum range 500 feet; this psionic vision is stopped/contained by walls and other obstacles). It can also be used to survey an area for things that might otherwise escape normal sight or take much longer to locate and identify.
Special Bonuses & Abilities:
• Pinpoints the locations of electrical outlets, electronic “bugs” (spy and surveillance devices), electronic devices and other energy and heat sources, as well as bionic body parts and cybernetic implants close to the surface of the skin (not bio-systems or artificial internal organs). Such concealed or obscured items can be identified by their shape and heat pattern.
Success Ratio: 40% +5% per level.
• This ability can also help the psychic to locate secret compartments and trap doors. Success Ratio: 25% +5% per level.
• See the infrared and ultraviolet spectrums of light.
• See heat signatures: can tell if an engine has been recently used or a weapon recently fired (within the last 15 minutes), follow recent footprints or vapor trails (within the last five minutes), see heat signature in darkness and so on.
• Hyper-sensitive to movement. The psychic can not be surprised by movement or attacks within the 500 foot radius or confines of the area under psionic scrutiny (may be substantially smaller in-doors; closed off by walls and doors).
• Limitations: Although keenly aware and alert while using Psychic Omni-Sight, the psychic cannot take physical action, not even to speak, nor use most psionic powers unless he cancels/ends the ability.
He can awaken the instant the psi-ability ends and leap into action.
While entranced by Omni-Sight, the character can only use the following psionic powers: empathy, telepathy, see aura, empathic transmission and telekinesis. The number of psionic attacks/actions per melee round are half those normally available when not entranced.
Range: 90 feet
Duration: Until the danger passes or happens.
This power gives the psychic a precognitive flash of imminent danger to himself or somebody near him (within 90 ft).
• The character will not know what the danger is or where it will come from, nor who it will be directed at when in a group. All he will know is that something life threatening will happen within the next 60 seconds (4 melees).
• The sixth sense is triggered automatically, without the consent of the psychic, whenever his life is in great peril, or the life of somebody he greatly cares about (friend, loved one, etc.). The sixth sense is only triggered by an unexpected, life threatening event which is already set into motion and will happen any second.
• The power cannot be called upon at will to sense for traps or ambush. Instead, it works like an automatic reflex.
• If the character has used all his I.S.P., the sixth sense is temporarily rendered inoperative.
The sudden flash of insight provides the following bonuses. All bonuses apply only to the initial melee round when the attack occurs:
+6 on initiative roll
+2 to parry
+3 to dodge
The character cannot be surprised by a Sneak attack from behind.
Duration: Five minutes per level.
This incredible psionic power augments the psychic’s physical senses, enhancing his perception. This enhanced state of awareness sharpens all natural senses by 50%, and further enables the psychic to “filter” all of this extra sensory input in order to concentrate on one or a few specific things. While using this ability, the psychic will notice every detail around him down to the slightest motion, sound, scent, and shadow. He will further be likely to notice changes and inconsistencies that might reveal traps, illusions, feints, or tricks (including sleight-of-hand, etc.).
• The psionic power provides the psychic with a
+3 to Perception,
+1 to strike,
+2 to parry and dodge, and a +10% to any skill that relies on any of the basic senses (such as Intelligence, Tracking, or certain Physical skills like Juggling or Prowl).
Range: Self, 100 feet plus 50 feet per level.
Duration: Two minutes per level.
Mind’s Eye is a sensory power that instills the psychic with radar-like vision.
• This psionic radar allows the character to see the shape of everything around him.
• Even people or items concealed through magic (except Invisibility: Superior) can be seen with this radar vision.
• A psychic using this power suffers no penalties when blinded or in complete darkness.
• The psychic can sense and interpret the shape, distance, direction, speed, and location of everything around in all directions at an accuracy of 70% +2% per level of experience.
While using this power, the character has the following bonuses:
+3 on initiative,
+1 to strike,
+2 to parry and dodge, and cannot be snuck upon or surprised.
• Heavy rain or smoke greatly hinders this power, negating the bonuses and giving a -30% to interpreting ability.
Range: 60 feet and must be visible.
Duration: 2 melees (30 seconds).
Saving Throw: None, but a Mind Block will hide the presence of psychic abilities, the level of P.P.E., and possession by a supernatural force.
• All things, organic and inorganic, have an aura. The aura has many distinctions and indicates things to the psychic normally invisible to the ordinary eye.
Seeing an aura will indicate the following:
• Estimate the general level of experience: Low (1-3), medium (4-7), or high (8th and up).
• The presence of magic (no indication of what type or the power level).
• The presence of psychic abilities (again though, not the type or power level).
• High or low base P.P.E.
• The presence of a possessing entity.
• Healthy or sick
• The presence of an unusual aberration and/or indicates a serious illness, insanity, or that the individual is not human, could be a mutant or superhuman, or supernatural being in disguise, but does not specify which.
Note: A psychic can not tell one’s alignment by using this power.
See The Invisible
Range: 120 feet distances. Duration: 1 minute per each level.
Saving Throw: None.
The character can see entities, beings, forces, objects and creatures which can turn invisible or are naturally invisible.
Even if the creature has no form per se, the psychic will be able to discern the vaporous image or energy sphere which is the being.
This includes ghosts, entities, Elementals and Astral beings.
Range: 1 mile per level. Duration: Five minutes per level. I.S.P.: 6
With this power the character will be able to sense and possibly find any object or person he desires. The psychic needs to have some knowledge of the person or item he is trying to find. This knowledge can include meeting the person or touching the item in the past, having a picture of the person or item, having an item that belongs to the person he is searching for, or having the owner of the item present.
• The base chance of finding someone or something is 40% +5% per level of experience.
• If the character is looking for an item of his own, or a close friend or relative, he gains a +20% to this roll.
Even if the character fails the roll to find the person or item, he will be able to sense whether or not the object is within his range.
Duration: 2D6+6 second flash of insight or vision of current events.
Saving Throw: Special.
Other psychics can feel or sense when somebody is trying to observe them and can try to resist it by concentrating (uses up one I.S.P.); standard save vs psionic attack (in this case, psionic intrusion).
Failure means the psychic is seen via Remote Viewing.
Success means the psychic trying to view is blocked, and he knows that the target has deliberately done so.
The target of this power gets no impression from being viewed remotely and has no idea why he is being watched or by whom.
• To use this power, the psychic needs a photo or video image to focus on, even if he knows the person or place intimately. When focused on a particular person, the psychic can see in his mind what the person is doing at that moment for 2D6+6 seconds. The image appears as if the character were looking down through a skylight. He sees only a glimpse of things and may not remember all details. Likewise, he may not see other people outside his line of vision, because the focus is a particular person, not the entire room. If the target is moving, walking, or driving, the remote viewer will know this and follow along for a few seconds, although he may not have a clear idea of his surroundings, but enough of an impression to recognize it if he sees it personally.
• The character may also Remote View a specific place such as a small to medium room, a corner in a playground or field, a specific entrance to a building, a particular section of an alley, etc., but not an entire house, office building, stadium, street, etc. As before, he must have a photograph, video or frame of film to focus upon. For 2D6+6 seconds, the psychic will see whatever occurs in that small area of that particular place.
• In the alternative, the psychic can use Remote Viewing to catch glimpses/images that tell something about the subject of the viewing. In this instance, he must have 2-4 specific questions, such as, “is so and so alive …” Then the image of the character smiling as he walks through the area appears, or flashes of a brutal attack, blood, and a falling body (indicating death), and so on, appear for an instant in answer to his query.
• In either case, the psychic cannot look at the same person or place via Remote Viewing again for another 24 hours.
Range: Read surface thoughts up to 60 feet away or two-way telepathic communication up to 140 feet.
Duration: 2 minutes per level.
Saving Throw: Conditional:
• When a character suspects he is being telepathically probed he can resist, getting the standard saving throw. Mind Blocks will completely prevent telepathic probes or communications as long as the block is up.
The power of Telepathy allows the psychic to eavesdrop on what another person is thinking at a particular moment. This is done by focusing on that one individual and picking up on his or her surface thoughts.
• Surface thoughts are those thoughts and musings uppermost in a target’s mind.
• A deep probe into memory is not possible.
• Although the psychic can read the thoughts of several people, he can only do so by focusing on one person at a time.
• Simultaneous, multiple mind reading is impossible for the character.
• Limited Telepathic communication is also possible. The Telepath can send a directed thought message to one person at a time.
The message must be as brief and clear as possible. Like, “John, I need you immediately. Hurry!” or “Stop! Don’t do that.” “Come here,” “Look out” or “Press the green button.”
• However, two-way telepathic communication is not possible except between two characters both with Telepathic abilities.
Duration: Five minutes per level.
The psychic using this power toughens all tissue in his entire body and generates a minor biofeedback field that absorbs damage.
• When in effect, the psychic only takes half damage from any fall, impact, punch, bullet, or energy attack, even if the damage is magic or psionic. Even damage that goes directly to Hit Points is halved.
• Furthermore, the biofeedback field absorbs the first 5 S.D.C. or Hit Points of damage from each attack.
• This damage resistance does not apply to anything the character is wearing or carrying.
Duration: Two minutes per level.
When a psychic uses this ability, he greatly enhances his mind-body connection, hand-eye coordination, and reaction time. This power allows the psychic to be more agile and aware of his body.
For the duration that this power is in use, the psychic gains the following bonuses:
+1 attack per melee,
+3 on initiative,
+1 to strike,
+2 to parry and dodge,
+2 to P.P. (adding further bonuses to strike/parry/dodge if boosted to 16 or higher), and +15% to all Physical skills that rely on coordination or balance.
Duration: One melee attack/action; in this case, a leap. I.S.P.: 8
This telekinetic application boosts the person’s leaping ability, propelling the psychic an additional two feet when leaping upwards, and three feet when leaping across or lengthwise, per level of experience.
This power can be used in conjunction with a leap kick attack (damage: 6D6+6 plus P.S. bonuses), but the character will take 2D6 S.D.C. points of damage himself from the hard impact.
A die roll to roll with punch, fall or impact, may be needed to land safely after one of these leaps.
Duration: 2 hours
Saving Throw: None
This ability controls the distribution of body weight and creates a mild telekinetic field which enables the psionic to float effortlessly on water or one foot in the air per level of experience.
On the water, the character can float and rest without exerting any physical energy to do so. Using a psionic float in the air allows the character to sit or lay (or sleep) comfortably above the ground as if on a cushion of air. The only down side is he may get blown away during a strong wind (at least until he cancels the power).
• Float can also be used to break a fall by slowing the rate of descent until the character is gently hovering above the ground. Roll 1D20 to roll with fall or impact. Using the psionic float, a successful roll means no damage. A failed roll means half damage. Counts as two melee actions.
Range: By touch or one foot per level.
Saving Throw: None.
The psychic can effectively create a telekinetic force that pushes away an attacker or anything within range (a door, chair, cart, statue. etc.).
• The pushing force has the rough equivalent of a P.S. 16 +1 per level of the psychic.
The telekinetic push is roughly equal to a body block and does 1D4 S.D.C./hit point damage, will knock most ordinary humans back two yards and has a 01-60% chance of knocking the person off his feet (victim loses initiative and one melee action).
• Characters weighing more than 200 pounds or who possess superhuman/robotic P.S. or supematural P.S. are only shoved a foot or two and there is only a 01-12% chance of being knocked off their feet. Inanimate objects weighing under 50 pounds are pushed or slid across the ground twice as far, roughly four yards.
Strength of Mind
Duration: Two minutes per level.
This power is as much mind over matter as it is an actual boost to the body’s physical capabilities.
The psychic is empowered with supernatural strength and endurance by “willing” the body to be stronger and focusing psionic energy directly into the muscles.
• The psychic gains bonuses of +10 to P.S., +5 to P.E., and +20 S.D.C. for the duration of this ability.
• The supernatural strength does not give the psychic the ability to inflict supernatural strength damage with punches or kicks, but it does instill the power to lift and carry the same as a supernatural creature.
Range: By touch or one foot per level.
Saving Throw: Dodge or parry as usual.
This telekinetic power enables the psychic to deliver a powerful punch or kick-like force through telekinetic energy. The character must actually make a physical punch or kick, but a successful strike delivers a telekinetically enhanced blow.
• A telekinetic punch will inflict 3D6 damage plus P.S. bonus, and a kick will do 4D6 damage plus P.S. bonus.
• The I.S.P. is spent whether or not the punch or kick actually hits the target (roll to strike as normal).
• The power is used in conjunction with a normal, physical attack that can be parried or dodged by the enemy.
Range: Physical combat. Duration: One melee round. I.S.P.: 6
Saving Throw: Dodge or parry as usual.
A punch or kick attack with psychic energy to back it up.
• When used against supernatural beings and creatures of magic, the punch does 3D6 damage plus the character’s usual P.S. damage bonus (if any).
• This attack can also be used against energy beings, entities and Astral travelers.
• Double damage (6D6 plus double the character’s usual P.S. damage bonus) to Supernatural Evil, Ancient Evil and Alien Intelligences and their avatars.
Note: The Demon Punch does not work against mortal opponents even if they are spell casting Arcanists, Witches, those possessed by demonic entities and humans who derive their power from the supematual or magic.
“History isn’t just the story of bad people doing bad things.
It’s quite as much a story of people trying to do good things.
But somehow, something goes wrong.”
– C. S. Lewis
A former professor of Ancient History at the University of Chicago.
Doc Rick had gone on a sabbatical to South America and disappeared for several years.
He has never told anyone what happened to him.